Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 1 continued............

I raced the Cat 3 Crit in Canfield today at the Tour of the Valley and it was great. It was a short 0.89 mile loop with lots of corners and fast stretches. Lots of racers in the Cat 3 race and I tried to stay up front as much as possible because there were a lot of attacks today. We raced for about an hour and averaged around 27 mph. I finished 5th overall and Pete finished 4th overall. So Pete is in the top spot for the GC, finishing second in the TT and 4th in the Crit today. I ended up finishing 13th in the TT (official result) and 5th in the Crit today. So that puts me in the top 10 overall I'm assuming and I need to stay in the top 10 for the rest of the race.

Dad looked awesome as well today. He had a very fast Master's group and it was great watching the race. Dad ended up finishing 10th in the Crit and finished 6th in the TT, earlier in the day. So overall, my Dad is still sitting in 6th overall in the GC.

Tomorrow is a hilly 67 mile road race for me and 34 miles for my Dad. It's suppose to rain tomorrow but the rain won't affect me I don't think, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Updates Tomorrow

No comments: