Sunday, June 12, 2011

Well....


I have to say I've grown to be very lazy about updating my blog. I haven't really been on blogger for a while and when I saw the date I last posted on here, I told myself that I'm a slacker. Anyways....Fire Academy is almost over. We have one more month to go then its on to Paramedic School in August. I just recently been accepted into Lakeland Community College's Medic Program and I'm very excited for it.

Today was Clay's Park Triathlon. I have not been training a whole lot lately because of the hours I work everyday and Fire Academy classes on the weekends, so I wasn't sure how I would feel today during the race. The swim didn't feel that great. I tried to not blow myself up and tried to get into a groove. I felt pretty good in the water, its just I could tell I haven't been training a whole lot. The bike went decent. I was about 4th overall in the 39- group into the turn around point at 6 miles. Before the turn around point, is a long gradual uphill along with previous short steep rollers. I tried to blast up them in my big ring and once I got to the turn around point on top of the hill, both calves locked up and started cramping. I looked down and every pedal stroke, I could see the indentations and muscle twists forming. Thankfully, it was mostly downhill on the way back and I battled out the cramps for the rest of the race. My transition from the bike to the run was very smooth. I ran out of T2 in 3rd overall and started my run. Once I started running, the cramps came back and I started asphyxiating because my lack of adequate breathing. I lost one spot and crossed the finish line in 4th overall in the 39- group. The final results showed I finished in 5th overall in the whole race and 1st in my age group.

I am actually pleased with my performance with the lack of training I have been doing. Dad looked great today as well. He was 3rd out of the water in the 40+ group and had one of his best bikes on this course. He finished with a very good result of 9th overall and 1st in his A.G.

I just wanted to congratulate all my teammates from the Bike Authority/Fleet Feet team and the team's Aaron Emig for pulling off the overall win.

No comments: