Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31st?

Today's temperature was a high of 59 degrees, and it is one day before February. Using the great weather to our advantage, Dad and I rode a good tempo ride this afternoon, finishing up with 35 miles and close to 1500 feet of climbing. I'll take it! The training has been great lately as well. Lots of trail running and lots of time in the pool. Dad and I just signed up for the Dickson Endurance Triathlon in Nashville, TN for the first weekend of May. The distance is a 1 mile swim, 38 mile bike, and 9.1 mile run. So very similar to a Half Ironman. I'm looking forward to it and there is a lot of training ahead of me to be in 100% race form for it. Tomorrow is a run day after school, then sleeping before work.
I am now working for Lake Health at Tri-point Medical Center in Concord as a Nurse's Assistant. I'm working full time, consisting of three 12 hour night shifts. Some people call me crazy to work all night from 7pm to 7am, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad. The thing that I'm happy about is I am still able to train and race....every other weekend that is. But still, at least I can still what I love to do. Other than that, Medic School is going well. I passed my first quarter and now into Cardiology. My clinical time for this quarter will consist of my usual ER and Respiratory time, and new department locations such as the OR (where I will be performing endotracheal intubations, central IVs, and more), and squad time at Fire Depts. So with everything going on right now, I'm keeping busy. Stay healthy everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to see you back in the blog-o-sphere...you've been absent for a few months. Nice post to btw..:-)