Sunday, June 7, 2009

Great Weekend




We arrived at Clay's Park on Saturday to pre-ride the bike course of our triathlon, and all I can say is Chippewa Creek is nothing compared to this bike course. I ended up at the water park for a couple hours and Dad ended up riding the course and running afterwards. When the day was done, we arrived at our hotel and ate at a restaurant called, Rockne's. It is similair to an Applebees but much cheaper and I think a little better tasting food.
This morning we drove back to Clay's Park and we weren't the first ones there this time!! There was a lot of teammates also from the Bike Authority/Fleet Feet Team. The first wave, 39-, went off first. I had a great swim. I felt really good and I thought I had my technique down pretty good. I was fourth coming out of the water. I had a very slow transition, but still managed to bump up to 3rd out of transtion. The bike course was super hilly. There really wasn't any section of the course that was flat. O yea the parking lot was the only flat part of the course. I came to transition in first place in the 39 and under, with another teammate behind me. I was still in first place in the beginning of the run, but then Christian, my other teammate caught me and passed me. I was also caught by another racer and we worked together for the last mile or so, and we were really running fast. At the end, the racer I was working with and I sprinted it out and he finished about a half a foot length ahead of me. I ended up finishing 3rd in the 39 and under wave, with a time of 1:07.30 and 5th overall out of around 170 racers.

Dad's wave was the 40+ year old racers. He had a great race too. Lots of competition in his group and he was 2nd out of the water and had a slower transition also. He was 3rd on the bike and had a good transition before the run. Dad had a really good run finishing with a time of 1:10 and finished 1st in his age group. Awesome job Dad. The whole team did great. Brian Stern won overall, Nate Loman finished 2nd. Awesome job to them and the rest of the Bike Authority/Fleet Feet Tri Team.

2 comments:

Ray Huang said...

Congrats Tony!! Swimming sounds good now that its getting warmer (some days and not fast)haha. Way to go Bill!!

Unknown said...

Some of the more popular timepieces in the Breitling Watch series include the Navitimer Heratige, Navitimer World, Navitimer Chronometric and the Navitimer Montbrillant. The basic Navitimer Watches features a self-winding chronograph that is enclosed in a steel case. Breitling Avenger face consists of black dials with silver sub-dials and a tang-type buckle clasp for the leather strap.
While there are several color options, depending on the model, the basic colors for Navitimer World timepiece are steel, red/gold, and steel/gold.
The hermes handbag Birkin, was named for Jane Birkin who co-designed the bag with replica Hermes handbags company president Jean-Louis Dumas. Both handbags are distinguished for its luxurious and classic design. They are considered as the brand's consistent top seller and most demand design. Bags from the current discount Hermes handbags also has a modern.