Saturday, February 28, 2009

When will the cold end?!


Today my Dad and I were planning on meeting Shawn and others up at the Brecksville Reservation to get in a long ride. When we were at the breakfast table this morning, we looked outside and it was snowing pretty hard. After about 30 minutes to an hour, it was still snowing! So we decided to stay home and ride the local nursery roads. We put on all 5 layers of clothes, including some toe and hand warmers and took off for our ride. My Dad rode his cyclocross bike and I rode my Dad's mountain bike because my cyclocross bike is currently my training machine. Though the ride was very cold and windy, the sun poked out a little while, which was great. We finished our ride in 1 hr 45 min and we ran afterwards too, which put us over the 2 hour mark. Great day and tomorrow we are planning on taking the TT bikes out and riding our 40k course and jumping off the bike again and running either a 5k or 4 miles. Weather depending that is. If the weather doesn't want to cooperate we will just have to be forced to ride the trainers once again. Also, I got a new pair of crankbrother's candies in exchange for my broken eggbeaters today. I have a feeling the springs won't break on these babies!


Out.

2 comments:

ds said...

I have those same pedals in that color on my mountain bike.

Real men sport yellow pedals.

Unknown said...

The ugg boots sandals are fabricated with appropriate superior abstracts as a aftereffect of which they can accomplish the wearer feel actually adequate in any bearings and any occasion. Teenagers just adulation to abrasion these ugg sandals so that not alone can they feel adequate but at the aforementioned time they attending beautiful and classy.The Appealing Ballerinas is aswell a reliable and accounted name in the uggs industry. They accord abundant absorption to superior while accomplishment their ugg cardy boots . However, the sole which is the a lot of important allotment of the ugg cardy is accustomed appropriate affliction and attention.