Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another Saturday gone.

I was really looking forward to riding today in Brecksville with the team and some others. But unfortunately it was storming in Brecksville and raining pretty good at my house. This is the third Saturday that I wasn't able to ride in Brecksville. Shawn even bagged the ride.

Today my Dad and I went to the local running shop and my Dad got a smokin pair of running shoes for his training runs. After a little more shopping, we got home and laced up the running shoes to get in a longer run. During the run, I rolled my ankle pretty good and was forced to head home early. I told my Dad that I was fine to run/walk home and he went on running around 7 miles. I got in about 5 miles. As soon as I got home, I put the good ol' bag of frozen peas on my ankle, along with a few Ibuprofen. My ankle feels a lot better right now, I just need to keep the ice on it because I was planning on racing the St. Malachi 5 miler on Saturday. So I was pretty bummed today because of the weather. But, hey Spring is just about here and there are going to be a lot of days with it raining.

Peace.

2 comments:

samlikesbikes said...

awh bummer man. Don't get hurt. It's not too much fun.

It didn't rain here today... it was perfect out!

Dad S said...

Was wondering why I saw your Dad trottin' down the road by his lonesome.

Grandpa